Hello Munkfans. Summer is upon us, school is over, and it's time to get to those projects we've been wanting to work on for so long. And as the new founder, I really love competition, so to kick it off, I'm going to create one!
Prizes are a possibility depending on how many participate, I'll let everyone know before time is up. This could be anywhere from Paypal cash, a Chipmunk movie of your choice, a plush stuffie of your favorite munk, or the whole gang! Like I said, I haven't decided yet but I'll try and be sure that there is SOMETHING (won't promise anything). If we have enough entries, there may be prizes for second and third place. As long as my financial things are going the way they are and I'm still alive, I'll make sure there's something.
Winner will be chosen by vote, and if you enter the competition you must vote and you cannot vote for yourself (no holding back or voting on yourself to increase your odds). Voting will also be anonymous so no one can see whose in the lead and then vote accordingly; vote for the one you like the most. Tie-breakers will be re-voted on. Some places allow multiple voting, but I've seen the best entries lose to everyone picking something they think is second-best, and I'd rather not complicate the system.
Songs of the munks! The Chipmunks and Chipettes have done over a hundred different songs over the years. All you have to do is portray one of their songs in a piece of art. For example, the classic "Christmas Don't Be Late" can be your named theme and you can have the various toys from the song in the picture with the munks. Or, you can create a picture of Alvin and Britney playing out a scene "So What" (like them arguing at dinner with David paying the tab). The interpretation can be pretty broad (The Chipettes did the Macarena, and simply showing them doing the dance in Hispanic clothing is good enough for me).
Only limitation here is that the song must be official. The Chipmunks (and Chipettes) have done a whopping thirty-eight albums (to my knowledge), and you can find them here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category… You can also do shorts that they've done in the episodes that might not be listed.
- Except for screen caps, all art forms are allowed to enter, and it doesn't have to be something newly made; it can be something you made years ago, but it cannot have been previously submitted on Deviant Art (though you can remake or edit something that is old if you like).
- Munks from any art range or age are accepted, from the original 60s show all the way to the modern CGI versions, or even re-envisioned forms such as full human form. If you want an OC (original character) they must be clearly a munk type though.
- Only TWO entries per contestant, and they must be different pieces of art in two different categories (Digital, Craft, Mixed Media, etc.).
- Short stories and poems with a maximum of 8,000 words are welcome, but aren't recommended (they usually don't do well in full-scale competitions like this). You may include an attached picture though that you made.
- Entries can be submitted to the "Summer 2012 Competition" folder once I get it up (sometime tomorrow).
- DEADLINE is June 25th. Voting will begin a day or two after that. Once we know how many people submitted then I'll know how long to keep the voting up, but at least for a few days after July 4th (an important American holiday).
If you have any other questions, ask below. Let's get started!